Pole dancing is a fun and challenging form of fitness and dance that requires both strength and technique. To take your skills to the next level, there are several accessories that can be very helpful.
- Grip Aid: A good grip is essential for pole dancing, and a grip aid such as a liquid chalk or a grip lotion can help to improve your grip and reduce the risk of slipping.
- Knee Pads: Knee pads can help to protect your knees when performing moves that involve kneeling or sliding down the pole.
- Pole Cleaner: Cleaning your pole regularly with a pole cleaner can help to prevent damage and ensure a smooth surface for dancing.
- Dance Shoes: A pair of dance shoes specifically designed for pole dancing can provide extra grip and support for your feet.
- Portable Pole: A portable pole is a great investment for those who want to practice at home. There are different types of portable poles available, such as static and spinning poles.
By incorporating these accessories into your pole dancing practice, you can improve your grip, protect your joints, and ensure a smooth surface for dancing. Additionally, having your own portable pole allows you to practice and improve your skills on your own time.
Leg Wraps for Extra Comfort and Grip
Leg wraps, also known as pole wraps, can be a great accessory for pole dancers looking for extra comfort and grip. These wraps are made of a soft and stretchy material that is worn around the legs and can provide added support and cushioning for the joints.
One of the main benefits of leg wraps is that they can help to improve grip on the pole. The wraps are often textured or made with a grip-enhancing material, which can help to prevent slipping and sliding when performing moves.
They also help to protect the skin from friction burns and bruises that can be caused by the pole.
Leg wraps are also useful for adding a layer of protection to the skin and joints when performing more advanced pole tricks that involve a lot of leg and knee work.
They are easy to use and can be worn over leggings or shorts, and can be adjustable to fit different leg sizes.
Overall, leg wraps are a simple yet effective accessory that can help to improve your pole dancing experience by providing extra comfort and grip. They are a must-have accessory for pole dancers of all levels who are looking to take their skills to the next level.
How to Pick the Right Pole Dancing Shoes
Picking the right pole dancing shoes is an important decision for any pole dancer, as the right shoes can greatly enhance your performance and reduce the risk of injury. Here are some tips to help you choose the right pole dancing shoes:
- Grip: Look for shoes that have a good grip on the sole, as this will help you to maintain your footing on the pole and perform moves more easily. Some pole dancing shoes have a suede sole which is ideal for gripping the pole.
- Comfort: Consider the level of comfort offered by the shoes, as you will be spending a lot of time in them. Look for shoes that have a padded sole and a snug fit to provide support and comfort for your feet.
- Heel height: The heel height of the shoes can affect your ability to perform certain moves, so consider the type of pole dancing you will be doing. If you’re doing a lot of spins, a lower heel may be better, but if you’re doing more floor work, a higher heel can be more beneficial.
- Material: Look for shoes that are made of a durable and breathable material, as pole dancing can be tough on shoes. Leather and synthetic materials are often used in pole dancing shoes.
- Brand and model: Do some research on different brands and models of pole dancing shoes and read reviews to find out which shoes other pole dancers recommend.
By considering these factors, you can choose a pair of pole dancing shoes that will provide the right balance of grip, comfort, support, and durability. Remember to try them on and walk around to feel the fit and comfort before buying it.
Gets the Best Grip with Pole Dancing Gloves
Pole dancing gloves are a great accessory for pole dancers looking to improve their grip on the pole and reduce the risk of slipping. These gloves are specifically designed for pole dancing and are made with a grip-enhancing material, such as suede, that can help to provide a better hold on the pole.
Here are some tips to help you choose the right pole dancing gloves:
- Material: Look for gloves that are made of a durable and breathable material, such as leather, spandex or Lycra. These materials will help to keep your hands cool and comfortable while you dance.
- Grip: The most important aspect of pole dancing gloves is the grip. Look for gloves with a suede or other grip-enhancing material on the palms to provide better grip on the pole.
- Fit: Make sure to choose gloves that fit snugly but not too tight, as this will ensure that they don’t slip off during your routine.
- Brand: Look for a reputable brand that has a good reputation for producing high-quality pole dancing gloves.
- Durability: Look for gloves that have reinforced stitching and are made of durable materials to ensure they last longer.
By using pole dancing gloves, you can improve your grip on the pole and perform moves with more confidence and control. With the right pair of gloves, you can take your pole dancing skills to the next level and reduce the risk of slipping and falling.
Safety Precautions with Pole Dancing Crash Mats
Pole dancing is a challenging and physically demanding activity and it’s important to take safety precautions to reduce the risk of injury. One way to do this is by using a crash mat when performing pole dancing moves.
A crash mat is a large, padded mat that is placed on the floor near the pole. It’s designed to provide a soft landing surface in case you slip or fall from the pole.
Here are some safety precautions to keep in mind when using a crash mat for pole dancing:
- Positioning: Make sure the crash mat is placed in the right position, close enough to the pole to catch you if you fall, but not too close that it might get in the way of your routine.
- Size: Choose a crash mat that is large enough to provide adequate coverage for your body.
- Material: Look for a crash mat that is made of durable and high-density foam to provide enough cushioning in case of a fall.
- Cleanliness: Keep the crash mat clean to prevent any slips or falls.
- Inspection: Check the crash mat before each use to ensure it’s in good condition and free of any tears or holes.
It’s also important to practice safe pole dancing techniques and to always warm up properly before each session. Remember, pole dancing is a challenging activity, and it’s important to take the necessary precautions to ensure your safety.
Using a crash mat, along with proper warm-up and technique, can help to reduce the risk of injury and provide a safer environment for pole dancing.
Stretch It Out With a Pole Fitness Stretching Band
Stretching is an important part of any workout, including pole dancing. A pole fitness stretching band can be a valuable tool to help you improve your flexibility and reduce the risk of injury.
A pole fitness stretching band is a long, elastic band that can be used to perform a variety of stretching exercises. They are designed to target specific muscle groups, including those used in pole dancing, such as the legs, back, and shoulders.
Here are some tips on how to use a pole fitness stretching band to improve your pole dancing skills:
- Warm up: Always warm up before stretching, this will help to prevent injury and improve your flexibility.
- Target specific muscles: Use the stretching band to target specific muscle groups that are used in pole dancing, such as the quads, hamstrings, and shoulders.
- Incorporate it into your routine: Incorporate stretching band exercises into your regular pole dancing routine to improve your flexibility and reduce the risk of injury.
- Follow instructions: Make sure to follow the instructions for each exercise and use the stretching band correctly to avoid injury.
- Quality: Look for a good quality band with enough resistance, not too thick or too thin, that’s made of a durable material.
Stretching with a pole fitness stretching band can help to improve your flexibility, balance, and control, which are essential for pole dancing. It will also help to reduce the risk of injury and improve your overall performance. Remember to always use proper technique and to listen to your body to avoid overstretching or injury.
Up Your Game With Pole Dance Conditioning Tools
Pole dance conditioning tools are a great way to take your pole dancing skills to the next level and improve your strength, flexibility, and control. Here are some popular pole dance conditioning tools that can help you up your game:
- Resistance bands: These bands can be used to perform a variety of exercises that target specific muscle groups, such as the quads, gluts, and shoulders. They can help to increase your overall strength and stability.
- Hand grips: Hand grips are small hand-held devices that can help to strengthen your grip and increase your endurance. They can also help to prevent hand and finger fatigue.
- Pole sitter: A pole sitter is a small device that attaches to the pole and allows you to perform exercises such as pull-ups and leg rises to increase upper body and core strength.
- Flexibility straps: Flexibility straps can help to improve your flexibility and range of motion. They are often used to perform stretches for the hamstrings, quads, and back.
- Yoga wheel: A yoga wheel can be used to perform a variety of exercises that target the core and improve flexibility, balance, and control.
- Balance board: A balance board is a simple yet effective tool that can help to improve your balance and stability, which are essential for pole dancing.
By incorporating these conditioning tools into your pole dancing practice, you can improve your strength, flexibility, and control, which will help to take your skills to the next level. Remember to always use proper technique and to listen to your body to avoid injury.